Subtopic 1: Out of the box solutions
The advent of blockchain and cryptocurrencies have created the need for doubledowncasino typologies of insurance services. Among these are insurance on digital assets, as well as decentralized insurance, hence peer-to-peer services enabled by smart contracts based solutions.
Suptopic 2: KYC (Know-your-customer)
Blockchain technology is well known for its ability to increase transparency, while also lessening the need for intermediation. In this regard, it can be used for managing claims in a responsive and transparent manner, reducing administrative tasks and allowing for a deeper focus on risk-related activities.
Subtopic 3: Fraud mitigation/detection
Given blockchain’s ability to automate large portions of the claim-handling process, it can limit the scope for disagreement between parties and enable better coordination between insurers, therefore reducing the possibility of fraud. In this regard, it provides the ability to establish ownership of high-value items through digital certificates, hence reducing counterfeiting.
Startups and featured speakers are to be announced soon!
- 4:00 - 4:05 PMOpening Remarks
- 4:05 - 4:20 PMFeatured Fireside Chat Subtopic 1: Out of the box solutions
- 4:20 - 4:40 PMTrends & Startup Pitches Subtopic 2: KYC
- 4:40 - 5:00 PMTrends & Startup Pitches Subtopic 3: Fraud mitigation/detection
- 5:00 - 5:25 PMTrends & Startup Pitches
- 5:25 - 5:30 PMClosing Remarks